Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hands


Today I developed an appreciation for something I took for granted only a few hours ago. As I sat at the UVU/BYU baseball game tonight with my hands inside my sleeves because it was FREEZING! I thought to myself... What would life be like without fingers? What if I had to live each day with nubs!? How very grateful I am that I have fingers... So, I decided to writed a tribute to fingers, and all the amazing and wonderful things that can be done with them.
1. I can wear rings on fingers. Someday, many many days from now, I'll be married. And with nubs, I wouldn't be able to wear a pretty wedding ring.
2. If someone else didn't have fingers they wouldn't be able to pick their nose. And for someone else, not me, that would be a tragedy. A happy and not gross tragedy.
3. Fingers allow me to scratch my arm, or my leg, or my back. If I didn't have fingers I would remain uncomfortable, and that would probably escalate to lots of frustration.
4. Fingers let me type on my blog. Something I like to do from time to time. Such as now.
5. Picking things up is a heck of a lot easier. And dialing the telephone. I tried both of these things with nubs. It's tough, give it a try.
6. I drop stuff a lot. A lot. If I didn't have fingers, I imagine this would be alarmingly more frequent.
7. I like to eat suckers. Without fingers to hold onto the sucker stick, I would probably look rather foolish holding a sucker, and would probably stop eating them as much.
8. Fingers let me poke people. I tend to be a little annoying, but I can't even stop myself most of the time. Poking and prodding is just so much fun.
9. I can run my fingers through, well get my fingers stuck in my hair.
10. And the last thing thing that I'm grateful for fingers... is holding hands. I like to hold hands.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel! yay you have a blog! I hope things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RAchel clark! holy cow its been a long time! You may not even remember me, thats ok if not! I hope youre doing great!

    ReplyDelete