Monday, December 20, 2010

No Burgers or Fried Foods, it Agitates Godzilla.


Sometimes things go wrong at my place of work. It happens to everyone right? Well, I worked this chilly Monday morning, and we had a little issue at work. The fans in the kitchen went out, and when you fire-grill and fry the majority of your food, it creates a lot of smoke. Without fans, the smoke has nowhere to go but throughout the restaurant. Naturally, the room got pretty smoky. We were moderately busy, and guests were upset, UNDERSTANDABLY! We couldn't really open the doors to air out the restaurant for long periods of time, because it's about 22 degrees outside. So, we shut everything in the kitchen down for about a half an hour until someone could come to remedy the problem. Yep, that means no burgers, no fries, no onions rings or cheese sticks, no grease, which is what our restaurant does best. After it was mostly over, I had this conversation with my one of my co-workers, Sean.

"Wow, that was fun wasn't it?" (Sean)
"Yeah, the best part is that I have about 23 dollars to show for it." (Me)
"Wow, it doesn't get much worse than that.... long pause..." (Sean)
"What?" (Me)
"I'm trying to think of something that could've made it worse, but I've got nothin." (Sean)
"Ha, yeah." (Me)
"Godzilla. That would have made it worse." (Sean)
"You know, you're right, that would've been worse." (Me)
"Sorry about the smoke folks, Godzilla's in the back" (Sean)
"He just ate one of the cooks." (Me)
"He's pretty upset." (Sean)
"We'll be holding funeral services in a couple of hours." (Me)
"If you stay for it, you get free desert." (Sean)
"But no burgers or fries." (Me)
"No, no burgers or fried foods. It agitates Gozilla." (Sean)

On days like today, despite the pathetic amount of money I didn't make, my serious re-consideration of continuing into a 3rd year at this place, and the potential of black lung from the fryers, I love working. Red Robin.... yumm....

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Rachel you CRACK ME UP!!!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, this is why I love you. Always funny, and always positive.

    PS... when I got back from Europe, drove around for an hour trying to make myself stop somewhere to eat American food since Italy tainted me... and guess where I chose?!

    RED ROBIN... woop woop!

    ReplyDelete