Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Contradictions...

I realized today that I'm somewhat of a contradiction...

I'm sitting here working on lesson plans for teaching my 10th and 11th graders how to better understand the English language and use it properly. I'm dressed up because it's Parent Teacher Conferences, and I'm hoping parents will take me slightly seriously. I've got heels on, rings, earrings, bracelets, a cutesy little jacket, the whole nine yards. My hair is curly, and I bleach it blonde on purpose. As I do this, I'm listening to some new music I just bought off iTunes. What songs would you guess?
Well, if it were to be according to the way I'm dressed, it would be Brittany Spears (whom I own much of and teach a lot of dance to).
If it were according to my occupation, it would be some classical, or possibly soft rock, such as James Taylor or Carly Simon (also have on my computer).
Would it be my generation's pop culture music? Maybe some Katy Perry, or some Fray or Script, or maybe even B.O.B. or the beloved Jason DeRulo (again, I have all of these bands/artists in my library).

No, it is none of these people, instead it is a personal favorite that I can never get enough of and listen to way more than any of the artists listed above...


Rise Against. Angry, loud, wonderfully poetic, and crafted by the vegan genius that is Tim Mcllrath. I would LOVE to see them in concert, they've been to Utah a few times, but I haven't been able to go yet. They're the kind of band that you just know would be even better in concert and your life will never be the same after you see them. I would totally be the girl at the concert in a pink t-shirt and American Eagle skinny jeans... hated by everyone around me.

Do I think this makes me unique? Not really. I'm sure there are oh-so-many more just like me. I can't help but laugh when stuff like that comes up though.

Are you a contradiction?

1 comment:

  1. whenever i hear about contradictions, i think of the starburst commercials. they crack me up. i like that you listen to "rise against". my favorite of their songs is "rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated". i just love the name. :)

    ReplyDelete